Assessment Validation Workshop – Melbourne – 07JUN19
June 7 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm AEST$397
Are your assessment tools compliant?
According to ASQA, the number one non-compliance identified at audits is assessment tools that do not meet the Rules of Evidence, Principles of Assessment or Training Product requirements. The best way to ensure that your assessment tools are compliant is to undertake Assessment Validation of your tools, it is also a requirement of the Standards (1.9-1.10) that you “systematically validate” your assessment tools.
This workshop will provide you with the skills to facilitate an Assessment Validation session, as well as give you an opportunity to validate one of your own assessment tools at the workshop.
What You will learn in this workshop:
- Gain a better understanding of Assessment Tools and what should be included within your assessment tools to comply with the Training Package requirements
- Learn how to manage your compliance against Standards 1.9-1.11
- How to improve the quality and consistency of conducting assessments throughout the RTO’s scope of registration
- Understand the evidence required to be collected to ensure that the student is competent against the Training Package requirements
- Hands on skills in validating assessment tools in line with the Rules of Evidence, Principals of Assessment and Training Package requirements
- How to provide an opportunity for team members to validate existing tools and moderate assessment evidence related to specific units of competency
What are the benefits of attending the workshop?
- Gain hands on experience in assessment validation with an experienced auditor
- Participants can be assured of the quality of the RTO’s assessment practices
- Help your RTO to apply consistent standards of assessments and make consistent judgements of those assessments
Who should attend?
Trainers and Assessors, Compliance Officers, Training Coordinators and anyone who is required to undertake Assessment Validation.